Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

They're zipper loaches, all right.

Posted By: Nautilus Aquarium Shop <klangley@rmi.net>
Date: Tuesday, 17 August 1999, at 6:12 a.m.

Joanna from Topeka suggested that my "Acanthocobites botia" might be zipper loaches. They arrived today, and she was right; they look just like the pictures I've seen. I've never seen them live; though, they are a cool looking loach. I have about 50 of them , and they're $3 each if anyone wants any. I also got 3 other fish I've never seen (after 22 years selling fish, that's an accomplishment!) - Chela cashius, the Indian blue hatchet barb; Ompok pabda, the knife catfish; and Labeo (?) dyochelus, the blushing violet shark. All 4 shipped from Calcutta, India.

Keith Langley, owner Nautilus Aquarium Shop 380-B Main, Longmont CO USA 303-682-5007 klangley@rmi.net and coming soon...nautilusfish.com