Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Loach Diversity

Posted By: Wight <Wight@mindspring.com>
Date: Wednesday, 18 August 1999, at 2:38 a.m.

I keep marveling at this, little things really... Clown loaches can play dead a bit too effectively sometimes. Blue Botia are nicely "camoflaged" as Rainbow Sharks. Weather Loaches go nuts and say "It's stormy!". Black Kuhli's just *are* nuts, and worm their way into everything. They all tend to have different but nifty traits, and I know too little about all the Loaches that are swimming the world's waters. There almost seems to be a Loach for every occasion. Which leads me to my question:

Is there any Loach out there, perhaps a species that I'm not familiar with, that has some sort of extra organ or nifty loachy-power that enables it to reach out across the internet and press (and perhaps break) someone's cap's lock key?

Just wondering. But this might be helpful...