Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Starting a new tank

Posted By: X-Re <david.re@east.sun.com>
Date: Friday, 20 August 1999, at 12:10 a.m.

First post to this forum :)

After being on a year hiatus from my tank (workin' too hard), I'm finally in a position to put it back in operation. My first invocation was just a community tank w/ various things, including three clown loaches. I don't have to tell y'all that the clowns quickly became my favorites.

Being in a position to start all over again, I'm planning on a quasi-species tank of clowns, with one other colorful schooling fish (non-botia, likely) for various reasons. I've been doing a lot of research, but have gotten stuck on a few things. The "Books" section here has been helpful in finding a couple of those, as well, but none has arrived, yet. So, excuse any FAQ like questions :)

What, exactly, is the clown's native environment like? I know that they like neutral PH, temp around 75-80 degrees Farenheit, some hidin