Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

kulhi loach colors

Posted By: Jayne Manrow <jimanrow@aol.com>
Date: Friday, 28 August 1998, at 12:45 a.m.

I have 3 lovely loaches. They really have a great time, and I have a great time watching them. I have had them since June in a 5 gallon aquarium. Of course I have other fish, but these are my favorites. I noticed that they seem to go through color changes. On of the fish is bigger and from a different source. They seem to fade out, like a snake does when it's skin is getting ready to shed. It happens to all of them, not at the same time, kind of in rotation. Since they hide out does their color leach? I don't have a clue, they are healthy and happy as loaches can be. I just got a sponge filter and the love to hang out under it, but the color change was happening before.