Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

VERY Unusal Sidthimunki Behavior!!!

Posted By: Michael Ophir <ophir@wn.net>
Date: Saturday, 21 August 1999, at 4:37 p.m.

Hello Everyone. This probably going to be hard to believe, but this is what I saw. About 10 minutes ago I sat down to watch my fish in my 55 and 80 gallon aquariums. As I was watching my 80 gallon aquarium, I noticed 2 out of my 3 large Botia Sidthimunkis (3-3.5") showing very unusual behavior. All of their color was almost completely gone, and they were swimming in tight circles with each other around the tank. The one that was slightly bigger than my other bigger Sidthimunki had a gold coloration to his/her body. The other was just completely dull. These 2 Sidthimuki then swam side by side very closely, occassionaly nipping at each others gills. Then they once again began swimming in tight circles around each other again. This strange behavior lasted 4-5 inut