Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Suprise loaches

Posted By: cjsolomon <cjsolomon@rocketmail.com>
Date: Monday, 23 August 1999, at 12:23 p.m.

About six months age I bought a small clown loach (about 1 1/2 inches long). Two weeks after adding him to the tank, he disappeared. I assumes that one of my African Cichlids had himself a snack. Today I drained the majority of the water from my 20 gallon tank in order to move it. After refilling the tank, I noticed the loach swimming around in the tank. I was shocked! I couldn't believe he had returned and better than ever! He is now about 3 1/2 inches long and very colorful. I assume he had somehow gotten into my undergravel filter and came out when the system was disassembled during the move. Now for the icing on the cake....This evening my husband was looking at the tank and discovered a second loach! This one is about 2 inches long and light brownish colored.

Now my questions...Did my loach lay egg