Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Fish getting their butts kicked

Posted By: kiss my fish <rpaul@isearch.com>
Date: Thursday, 2 September 1999, at 7:49 p.m.

OK these are non-loach fishies but I need some advice. I bought 4 silver-tipped tetras at the same time I got my golden loach recently, and late last night noticed that 3 of them are getting their butts kicked by some other tank marauder. All their tails are gone and some of their other fins as well. I do have a betta but I don't think this is his work. I think it's either the other tetra or non-discript fish I've had awhile (white, a little purple near it's tail). I think they're in cohorts because neither of them appear at all harmed and they're the bigger of these fish.

So I temporarily moved the abused ones to a "baby" tank...one of those little plastic tanks that hang over the edge of the bigger tank. I even managed to get some air circulating in th