Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

RE: Clown Loach with Tail Rot?

Posted By: Michel Reed <mr_slatl@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tuesday, 2 November 1999, at 11:06 a.m.

I have a clown loach that I've had for over 5+ years and he/she is huge about 2" around, about 6" long and I haven't changed anything in the last year as far as ph (6.5), hardness is fairly soft, tank isn't overcrowded...doing regular water changes and such, but in the last week or two he/she has come down with some type of tail/skin rot. The upper layer of the skin has rotted away to the point you can see the underlying tissue (not pretty).

He/she wasn't swimming around much and sometimes I have seen him swimming near the top of the tank. I tried Furan-2 drugs and I think I may have stopped it but the tail area seems to still be rotting away but seems to of stopped spreading. He's more active now but I worry that his whole tail is gonna rot off.