Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Sand- clean water.... YAY! Now the cycling process must begin!

Posted By: Sebastian
Date: Thursday, 4 November 1999, at 8:20 p.m.

I got play sand and this time i washed this stuff like if it where my mission. I spent about a half hour of rinsing. This time when i put the sand in it was like adding gravel. Now time to start cycling the aquarium! what do you think is the best fish to start off with OR should i do this I do this fishless cycling method http://www.tomgriffin.com/aquamag/cycle2.html is the web page for it (also at bottom). I was thinking of using goldfish to start off since they are very very cheap for me (work at petco) and also because I havent bought a heater yet. I know goldfish are very dirty fish but woudent that be some what of a good thing since they will produce alot of ammonia?

BTW I like working at petco since I can get all the rare plecos 2.99 since I just pay for it as normal pleco :) got me a royal pleco toda