Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Posted By: Martin Thoene <martin.thoene@lakenheath.af.mil>
Date: Friday, 5 November 1999, at 10:09 a.m.

This was something like the noise my neighbours might have heard this morning during a routine water change.

I was rushing around trying to do a change on my Clown tank before going to work when my Mother rings me. We had a quick chat, but I said I had to rush and get this job finished.

I filled the bucket with rainwater from my collection butt, carried it indoors to the kitchen and added hotwater from the tap to bring to temperature, measured with my immensely accurate hand as usual. As I approached the tank, one of the metal hoops that holds the handle to the bucket broke through the plastic of the bucket, which of couse flipped sideways depositing about two-thirds of the bucket onto my wood-laminate floor!

I let out a semi scream, semi-shout which probably sounded like I'd just discovered a horribly murdered body! This is because although this floor is designed to be OK to wipe over with a damp rag it is not designed for submersion............and they don't come cheap!

I went into hyper mode, threw the soaking rag-rug in front of the tank out of the patio door, flipped backwards my main rug, shot upstairs and emptied my airing cupboard of towels, then sprinted back downstairs. I very quickly saturated about 8 towels which also got thrown out onto the patio, then crawled around moving furniture and wiping up the residues of the water. It went right across the room at one point!

I've now cranked up my heating and left the house in a somewhat wrecked looking state as I had to come to work. Hopefully my quick reactions have saved any damage to the floor, and the heating will help my somewhat damp couch to dry out quickly.

It's incidences like this that make the thoughts of a tank breakage something I don't even want to consider.

Martin.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by