Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

dying clowns!!

Posted By: Cherie
Date: Saturday, 6 November 1999, at 7:39 p.m.

HELP! I've had my 58 gallon tank set up for 2 1/2 years. I've had clown loaches since the beginning. They've been fine and healthy until a couple of months ago. I had 4 loaches at the time and two died within a week's time. The other two seemed healthy-no visible signs of disease and they were eating. I added 3 more loaches and everything was fine until a couple weeks ago. My biggest (6 inches) died. He hadn't been eating for a while. Then a week later, another died, and then today a third died. The only signs of sickness was lack of appetite. I fed them snails, bloodworms, shrimp pellets, and flake food. I only have 2 left and one of them looks like he's next. Everything looks normal about them (no sunken belly or anything). The only possible explanation that I have is the pH. I have always struggled with it. I try to keep the water neutral by adding neutralizer during water changes, but it still drops to