Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

kuhlis and extreme hardness

Posted By: connie
Date: Tuesday, 9 November 1999, at 11:42 a.m.

hi, i have just found this board and hope someone can help me. two weeks ago i added 2 kuhli loaches to my new 25 gallon tank. when i went to add more fish i took in my water sample to be tested and found out that the water is so hard they cannot measure it. i have tried to do partial water changes (50%) but it is still off the charts. i have a spare 3 gallon tank with no heat and thought i might transfer them there with their currrent water, change all the water using bottled water,return them to their main tank having raised the ph to what they are used to. add the loaches back after adjusting them for temp. then bring the ph down to normali really don't want to hurt the loaches, will this work? Right now they seem happy but i don't want to leave them to get stressed in hard wate