Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: Help for a cool water tank?

Posted By: Joe Loach <jloach@onlinetoday.com>
Date: Thursday, 11 November 1999, at 6:20 p.m.

In Response To: Help for a cool water tank? (Withnell)

Less than 74F? Why so hot? :-)

65F - 68F might be a good range for a cool water aquarium.

I've been an infrequent visitor to LOL as of late. I'm not up to snuff on Martin's River Tank...or anyone else's for that matter. Plants with high oxygenation? I'd think this would be a problem. Aquariums with rapid flow will degas CO2, which the plants need to flourish.

Mid to upper level fish? Some for your consideration would be: Bloodfin Tetras (Aphyocharax anisitsi), which have a recommended temp range (Baensch v.1) of 64-82F; the Bengal Danio (Danio devario -- 59-79F), the Zebra Danio (Brachydanio rerio -- 64-74F), the Shiner (Nice looking fish! -- Notropis lutrensis -- 60-77F); the White Cloud Mountain Minnow (Tanichthys albonubes -- 64-72F). Make sure that these upper to mid level fish are not fighting against too much current, and has pockets of calm water in which to rest.

Hope this is of some help to you!

Joe Loach

Messages In This Thread