Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

My Gold Banded Boitia

Posted By: Matt <Yamaha225@netzero.net>
Date: Saturday, 4 December 1999, at 8:49 a.m.

I still don't know for sure the accual name of the fish but I do know the pic of it is on this page (http://www.loaches.com/botia_supercilliaris.shtml) It does not look like the ones at the top, but it is identical to the second one from the bottom. The woman at the petstore calls her Gold Banded Botia but I cannot find it on the net. If any one knows what this is please tell me. Any way, I got him yesterday and I am glad I did!!! He is the coolest fish I have ever seen! You stick ur finger in there and he comes right up to nibble at it. He is 3 1/2 inches long, and cost me 7 bucks at the local pet shop. Great investment! He acts a lot like the clown loach, whereas when he is resting he lays on his side and I was freaking out this morning when I turned on the light. I thought he was dead! When