Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Skunks and clowns...

Posted By: Ed Averill <eaverill@rabidgames.com>
Date: Saturday, 4 December 1999, at 9:16 p.m.

Ok, I picked up four small (around 1-1/2 inches long) skunk loaches today at the LFS for 3.99 each (a buy in this area). I brought 'em home and plunked them into my 50gal. tank with my clowns, figuring that (since my smallest clown is about 3-1/2 inches long) there wouldn't be any trouble (the bottom of the tank is almost completely covered with driftwood and rocks, tons of loach-caves for everyone). It _appears_ that the little guys have decided that the clowns have the best real estate (the largest Loach Cave is kind of like a group house for my clowns) and occasionally chase them out of it! This is amazing for a fish that's less than half the size of my Boss Loach.

I've done some searching here on LOL and it appears that skunks can vary from peacable to feisty. Has anyone got any s