Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

I introduced Mr. Red Tail Shark today

Posted By: Anthony
Date: Saturday, 4 December 1999, at 10:22 p.m.

Well, my cycle was complete, no fatalities. I visited my LFS and picked up another two clowns (to add to my three) and a Red Tailed Shark. This particular RTS was returned to the store probably because the owner had put him in a tank with some delicate fish and he was terrorising them. But what a beauty! Almost fully grown and a striking contrast from black to the red tail. Well, I plunked him in my tank when I got home, and the RTS immediatley made chums with the Loach brigade. They have shared the same cave in the tank today. I have plenty of other hiding spots and caves, but this guy seemed to enjoy the company.

So, I'm pleased to report that there is harmony in my tank. I was quite worried about it.

I've also noticed that my clowns are absolutely at home. Since I introduced the last two guys, they haven't stopped playing and scooting every which way.