Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

New Big Clown!

Posted By: Vicky <toewee@sat.net>
Date: Monday, 6 December 1999, at 12:43 a.m.

Well, Fran and everyone, I did it. I went and got that big spotted clown. I called my lfs and asked them to hold him for me. Friday I stopped by to pick him up and he was entrenched in one of the ornaments. I didn't want him to be stressed so I told them we would try again later. Saturday I stopped back by and they had made sure he couldn't retreat to the ornament so they bagged him up (all $39.99 of him) and we came home. He was really breathing hard before I released him but once released he took on a modesta for a length of PVC pipe and won. He is already out and about with the other 6 guys and seems to be pretty happy. He has taken over a large flat rock that is the top of a cave for his own. It is funny to watch a clown shake his body showing that he is somewhat territorial. He also nips at the striatas if they come on his