Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

getting new tank

Posted By: 4-eyes <vantreese@starcomm.net>
Date: Monday, 6 December 1999, at 1:45 a.m.

Hello again everyone! I have purchased a new 55-gal. tank (Christmas sale/present to myself) and am trying to narrow down my choices about what to put in it ... it will probably sit empty until after the holidays while I make up my mind. Will clown loaches and rainbowfish (melanotaenia variety) get along okay? I know I want rainbowfish, and I'm enjoying the clowns so much in my other 55-gal. tank that I'll probably get more of those for the new one, too, after it's cycled. Also, I'm thinking of using a canister filter with this one. Has anyone tried one of the new, improved Fluvals? And I'm considering the fishless cycling method, although I've been successful with no losses on my other 3 tanks with the traditional method. Of course, after the first tank was established, I had mature gravel, sponge filters,