Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Sids: different part of belly colour, different behaviour?

Posted By: Clowntje
Date: Thursday, 9 December 1999, at 3:35 a.m.

In all the pictures I have seen from Sids, their bellies are all white. My, still very young but very fast growing Sids, have now their back colouring in a golden brown, just like on the pictures. But in difference of the pictures: about a third of their bellies is not white but golden brown! As they are at mealtimes a bit finpicking I think I may have gotten a not so peaceful subkind.

There have been some contradictory experiences by some of us in this Forum with these in literature so called 'peaceful' fish.

Just maybe: all white bellie: peaceful as expected partly golden brown bellie: not so peaceful??? If this is indeed the case, we know there is an aggressive subkind on the market that we then know how to distinguish from the common kind! (And if it is not I may hope a little longer that these beautiful fish