Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Thanks for the info!!

Posted By: Scott Hudson <drspod@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, 14 December 1999, at 11:33 a.m.

I just recently stumbled on to LOL and have been lurking for a while. I just want to say thanks for all the inspiration and info. I now know what to call my favorite fish. They are Shistura scaturiginas. I bought three at my LFS and added them to my plant tank. They were labeled Mini Dario Botias. After watching them for a couple of days I headed back and bought the remaining five they had. These are great fish!! They have so much personality the way they perch up on leaves, to rest and go nuts when food hits the water. I have gone so far as to start setting up a rivertank for them. I basically plagiarized Martins plans into a slightly deeper 75 gallon tank. I don't have a canister filter yet though.

The big difference will be the back covering. My girl friend is a potter so I have access to