Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Weather Loach story

Posted By: casy
Date: Tuesday, 14 December 1999, at 11:57 a.m.

Yesterday,I purchased two, four inch weather loaches to go in with my single black moor goldfish. The tank has a cover that has a 1/4 inch opening along the back for the air tubes etc. Well, I put them in their new home at about 3:30, ended up watching them play for two hours and then went for dinner. When I came back an hour and half later one weather loach was gone. Panicy, my daughter came to help look and my three dogs were all very excited. Next thing, we find the poor loach on the carpet 5-6 feet away surrounded by very interested dogs. I picked him up and even though he was bleeding he was alive. Today you would never know anything had happened. Both loaches are playing, eating and look perfectly normal.

Amazing loaches. I am sure I will love having these guys.

btw - tank is now completely covered.

Thought you might find this interesting.