Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

In the Netherlands even my village sells java fern ...

Posted By: Clowntje
Date: Wednesday, 15 December 1999, at 4:03 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Dave? Anyone? One Other Thing... (Anne Webel)

Hi Anne, Maybe you should visit the Netherlands some day. Even in my village Alphen aan den Rijn I can buy a variety of plants (and order others). I buy 5 plants voor 25 gulden. One for 5,95 gulden. (Do not know what this is in Belgian francs) No matter whether it is a Amazon Sword, a cryptorine, ambulia or waterpest etc. Only very special cultured plants cost more (for instance one by that famous Danish firm). Sometimes I get one extra plant, just because I am a regular customer. Even the non specialized animal shop in the centre of The Hague (where I work) has an assortiment of waterplants (a little more expensive then in my dear village). I do not know about other towns in the Netherlands. Maybe it is that we Dutch also use to have large collections of potplants in our windowsills. May be worth a shopping day once in a while...

Do not be sad. I heard one belgian girl say to me in all her sincerity that it was the Southern Netherlands (now Belgium) that brought the Dutch the civilization. She said she had learnt that at school...

Messages In This Thread