Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

New to Loaches-Tankmates?

Posted By: DawnS
Date: Wednesday, 15 December 1999, at 5:35 p.m.

I love clown loaches! I'm wondering about a set up including maybe 5 clowns w/ a gold nugget pleco? I'm getting a large tank to move the fish from my 55 gal into & will need to fill the 55. So, how about putting these together? How about Corys? Maybe some Rainbowfish or Congo Tetras too? The 55 is 4feet x 13inches, so not too deep. I'll have a Fluval canister on it & a UGF, I could put a powerhead on the UGF,would that be OK? Another thing, I know they like soft water but my water (well) is fairly hard w/ a pH of 7.8. I was thinking of using peat-what do you think of this? People have told me to just let them adapt to my water-will they? Also, I'd like to put in maybe Java fern, some type of plant that can take lower light levels.

Messages In This Thread