Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Capitol Aquarium

Posted By: crazyrich <crazyrich@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wednesday, 22 December 1999, at 12:46 p.m.

Well loach lovers it's been awhile since I've sent anything let alone a story like this............I've got the ich really bad to get to Sacramento, California ASAP. My parents went down there to visit and checked out Capitol Aquarium where they had five 10"/250 mm and larger loaches. They were over 30 years old and as big as 14-15"/ 375 mm. As big around as a coffee mug. Would anyone like to have a 1000 gallon tank and some loaches like that? Wish I did. I'll have to make me a Loach-meter to have as a point of referance for video footage. So hopefully sometime early in the next millenium I'll send a good size file of some digital video footage to the webmaster. Until then my six " small " loaches will have to do. I never thought a 5"-6"/ 125-150 mm loach was sm