Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Clown Not Eating!!!

Posted By: Matt <Yamaha225@netzero.net>
Date: Friday, 24 December 1999, at 4:31 p.m.

I have had 3 Clown Loaches for about 3 days now and I have not seen them eat at all. I have been feeding flake as the staple food for my other fish and they all are thriving off of it but when I got my loaches, they do not eat the flake. I give them some sinking tablets but they just kind of nibble at that for a second but don't really eat it. I even went out in the back yard and dug up some worms too see if that would help but they do not like those either. I have tried repeatedly with the worms and tablets and flake all the time but I don't ever see them eat anything. They seem to be fine and come out and play a lot more than before. (Hence, Martin's theory on "more caves more security")<---and this does work. They don't show any sign of stress other than the big 2 still have greyer lin