Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

weather loach size/fun christmas gift!

Posted By: jayne <loachlady@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 30 December 1999, at 10:34 p.m.

I keep reading that weather loaches don't get much bigger than kuhli's. So I am taking an informal poll to see who has the biggest/oldest weather loach. My regular weather loaches (brown-trout colored) I got six months ago. The bigger one, the male I guess from the species description is 7 inches, the female is 6 inches. The golden weather loaches are 5 and 5 1/2, again the male being the bigger. How about yours? I also got a really cool tank accessory for Christmas. My sister in law found these somewhere. They are both glass, one a six legged octupus (no don't go there) and a beautiful blue and red fish. The thing that makes them cool in my opinion is they float, since they are attached to a clear glass ball by means of fish line. The fish