Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Clown Loach questions..

Posted By: Jeff Jarmoc <jjarmoc@hotmail.com>
Date: Monday, 3 January 2000, at 6:48 p.m.

I'm having a bit of a snail problem in my 10 gallon freshwater. Someone on the freshwater board suggested a clown loach. My first concern is that it will quickly outgrow my tank. I may be getting a 29 gal in the next 3-4 months which I could move the clown to, but that's not a sure thing yet. What does everyone here think? So far, my tank only has 4 Neon Tetras and an Algae Eater. I've been wanting to add 3 swordtails, and possibly another couple of Neons. I've also got a few live plants. 1 Swordtail, and a hygro which has been reproducing nicely (4 plants from it now). Will the clown be too big for my tank? I'm hesitant to introduce a fish solely as a snail cure. I like Clowns, but don't want to have the 4 neons be my only mid/top level fish. Thanks for the help.

Messages In This Thread