Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: Clown Loach questions..

Posted By: Matt M. <Yamaha225@NetZero.net>
Date: Monday, 3 January 2000, at 8:00 p.m.

In Response To: Clown Loach questions.. (Jeff Jarmoc)

First of all, Clowns are SLOW growers, sometimes taking 6 years to even get 5 inches!! What I believe that you should do is get just 1 small clown to clear up your snail problem along with some caves and places for him to hide. Then get the 29 Gal whenever it is convienent along with 2 more clowns to give the one company. I also had a 10 gallon and upgraded to a 29 by getting only the tank with hood (an incredible 58 bucks!!!! CHEAP!!) An H.O.T. Magnum Pro System. (a pretty hefty $85) And about 10 more lbs of gravel. So the upgrade cost me nearly $150. If I were you, I would get the 29 gallon and get more fish to put in it when you have it cycled with the tetras and the clowns. I love the upgrade and my fish do too. They are VERY active and love to swim ALL the time. You said that you have a Pleco. I have one too. He was in my 10 gal and had been for about 5 months and NEVER was seen during the day doing anything. He would hide and never move. You probably have the same experience!?!?! Every since I got the 29 Gal, he has been active throughout the day. He never stops unless you tap on the tank or move quicky around it. I couldn't believe my own eyes. He really is a show now, but before, he was just a lump with eyes in the corner. Reply with similar experiences or comments!!!

Messages In This Thread