Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Bullying Botia

Posted By: Will <william.hyslop@virgin.net>
Date: Wednesday, 5 January 2000, at 6:38 p.m.

I recently bought 3 Striata Botia and one Botia Berdmorei (a Banded Botia?) for my new tank. They shared it with two tiny (1") Hoplo Armoured Catfish. The LFS man said they would be compatible but the big Botia (hes about 3" but I know he should grow bigger) has mauled the Striatas and I doubt any of the three will survive till the weekend which is the first time I would be able to take back any of the fish. My first thoughts were a loathing of this fish but I suppose this is his natural behaviour and he is very beautiful. I now would hate to return him as it will make the Striatas impending demise even more pointless. My problem now is to find any possible tank mates to go with my Bullying Botia that won't kill him nor be mauled like my poor Striatas. The tank is a 40" 120 Litre one but I wi