Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Gravel Vaccuming With Clowns

Posted By: Matt M. <Yamaha225@NetZero.net>
Date: Monday, 10 January 2000, at 8:52 p.m.

I have a 29 gallon (30.25 X 12.25) and I have the following fish in it: 1 Red Fin Shark, 1 Spotted Pleco, 2 Tiger Barbs, 1 Black Ruby Barb, 3 Clown loaches, and 1 Australian Rainbowfish. I am setting this up new from a 10 gallon (as most of you have heard me say about a billion times) I siphoned my 10 gallon about every week along with a water change but the reason I had to do it so often was because of the overcrowding. Now that I have the 29 gallon, I was wondering how ofen I should have to do it?: every month or 3 weeks is what I was thinking. Does having bottom feeders like clowns make any difference on the amount of vaccumings? Any body else got a 29 gallon? How often do you do it? How many fish and what kind do you have in there?