Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

My 2 loaches can't get along.

Posted By: Chantra <Chantra99@hotmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 11 January 2000, at 4:59 a.m.

I bought one B. Modesta (orange-fin loach) with 1 sailfin molly. The lady at store packed them in one bag. I found that when I arrived home the molly lost some tail and looked weak. I also bought 2 electric yellow and blue and left them in the same tank. I also put 2 more guppy in the tank and found that beautiful tails of guppy disappeared on the next day. To tell the truth I do not know much about loaches until I started reading about them. I bought from the market in Thailand and it costs less than 50 cents here. They sold them as the fish to clean the tank. I decided to move the loach to the other tank and bought one more. I found that they never get along. They are chasing each other.Look like they are trying to breed. But the other one got weaker so I had to buy