Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: Update:Royal Clown Loach

Posted By: Vicky <toewee@sat.net>
Date: Wednesday, 12 January 2000, at 9:32 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Thank you, Dave, Joe, Nick and Dave! (Mike Ophir)

Well, my new Royal Clown Loach ate this morning. I was feeding the tank and hadn't seen him since Monday night. After I was finished feeding I saw him in a corner up in a plant. I refilled the turkey baster with frozen plankton, brine shrimp and beefheart. I squirted a little at him and he immediately gobbled, ha! The other fish came over and ran him off. He swam into a cave and I reloaded. I think this guy has eaten from a turkey baster before. The moment he saw it he started gulping. I fed him a full turkey baster and felt like he had a good meal. I checked the temp and it was 81, PHEW! I lowered both heaters. We are going through a warm phase in Texas and the heater I guess were set too high from when we were freezing. I hope he didn't get too warm. I'm trying to cover both sides of the temp question and this is difficult. Hopefully temp is not overly important with him. If we find out he is cool water fish I guess I'll have to give him up cause he's in with the clowns and they wouldn't like the cooler temps. Plus I don't want to battle ick!!!!! Thank you guys for all the help and if anyone ever finds indisputable temperatures on this species let me know.

Messages In This Thread