Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

I think I found it!!!!! I hope

Posted By: Nick <andrew_nj@wvwc.edu>
Date: Wednesday, 12 January 2000, at 10:08 p.m.

In Response To: Good work fella!! (Dave Guest)

Ok,

I had a difficult and tedious search. I finally found one article that was in Japenese and my translatory skills are not all that good. The actual translation on the article was even worse. I have ordered a better translated copy that I should get in a week or so.

Anyways they had two "botia like" species found in the Lao Mekong Basin. One was identified as having irregular brown markings (saddle?) and a enlarged mental (head?)area. I am not sure if this is the guy we are looking for or not. Anyways, this would be a really warm climated fella. Perhaps the 80 degree marking would be fine. And at cooler temps he would still be fine being larger, it would be able to handle the lower metabolic rates, I think. Anyways I will not know that much more until a later date when I get a prfessionally translated version.

Nick

Messages In This Thread