Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Strange Spots

Posted By: Mickie <mickie@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Thursday, 13 January 2000, at 3:11 a.m.

In observing my Clown Loaches I've noticed a couple of them have what appear to be dark freckles here and there. I was wondering if anyone who has older loaches have noticed these irregularities on their loaches (mine are 3 - 4 inches).

Their behavior is normal and I haven't worried about it too much but I'd thought I'd ask around here in case I should maybe worry about it. They still attack the bloodworm ball with vigor and spend time rooting up my plants.

The color is the exact same coloration as the black stripes but shows up here and there on their fins and bodies. The spots aren't raised, nor do they look inflamed. Not all of them have these spots but a couple do.

I could try to get a good close up pic if someone wants to get a look at these spots.