Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Ick-free, thanks to the Loach Forum!

Posted By: Lesley
Date: Thursday, 13 January 2000, at 6:41 p.m.

Hi everybody!

I wanted to share yet another loach-and-ick story, because the information I have gathered from this forum has been extremely helpful. Last year (before finding the forum), I had a terrible loach experience when an entire tank (ten clowns and six queens) became infected with ick. Using advice from a LFS, I raised the temperature to 80 degrees F, increased aeration, and treated with the medication "Clear Ick." The medication did not appear to be working after five days and I did a 50% water change and added Ick Guard II. Within three hours, the loaches began to die, and despite removing the fish to a separate tank, only a single small queen loach survived. This was a terrible loss, and I was determined to not buy more loaches until I had a way to battle ick.

Over the summer I found the Loach Forum, and have enjoyed learning more about