Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

OH MY GOD!!!! PLEASE HELP NOW, ONE OF MY CLOWN IS ON HIS SIDE AND WILL NOT MOVE!!!!!!!

Posted By: Matt M. <Yamaha225@NetZero.net>
Date: Thursday, 13 January 2000, at 9:32 p.m.

Oh crap, what do I do!!! AHHHHHHH. OK, heres the story... I was sitting in my room at 9:18 and all of the sudden I heard gravel ruffling sounds. I looked in my tank and their was a dust cloud from the rocks. My biggest clown(AND FAVORITE!!!!!!!) swam across fullspeed and nose dived into the gravel at 1 corner vigorously swiming with all of his might?!?!?!?!? He went down into the gravel all the way to the glass and stopped. His colors went from white to completely black about every 3 seconds!!!! When he stopped, he twitched for about 5 seconds and started plowing again! He started color changing again and then stopped and floated back to the top of the gravel and onto his side. His front two fins were lightly twitching but he was completely motionless. HORRIFIED, I tapped on the glass with no response. I grabbed my net and got him out and put him into a small fish bowl with a ton of stress coat. he is now (at 9:31) laying on his side and not moving at all?!?!?!?!? Oh my god for all the world i think he is dead??????!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( What the hell is going on???? I cannot believe my own eyes! He cannot be dead. He was eating fine and swimming with the rest of them like 10 minutes ago. Now he's belly side up in the bowl. What is this???? Anybody EVER heard of this??? PLEASE ANSWER ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Messages In This Thread