Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Advice for corys and loaches mixed together.

Posted By: Flame <blackshark23@hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 15 January 2000, at 9:18 a.m.

I have just realized that malachite green is a deadly toxic to corydoras and is mixed into many "Ick" curing bottles. I had a very healthy 8 month old corydora, when suddenly my clown loach got "Ick." I treated him with my "Ick" cure thing and then he was back to normal. 1 or 2 days later, my corydora got bloated up and started to float to the top. He rested on the surface for a couple days before passing away. I took a look at my "Ick" bottle and it said it contained 75% malachite green.

I AM JUST WARNING YOU PEOPLE WHO HAVE CORYDORAS AND LOACHES MIXED. BEFORE YOU CURE YOUR LOACH WITH ICK, MAKE SURE THAT YOUR ICK CURE DOESN'T CONTAIN A HIGH AMOUNT OF MALACHITE GREEN OR ANY FOR