Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: OH MY GOD!!!! PLEASE HELP NOW, ONE OF MY CLOWN IS ON HIS SIDE AND WILL NOT MOVE!!!!!!!

Posted By: Ron <wyoron@earthlink.net>
Date: Saturday, 15 January 2000, at 6:59 p.m.

In Response To: Re: OH MY GOD!!!! PLEASE HELP NOW, ONE OF MY CLOWN IS ON HIS SIDE AND WILL NOT MOVE!!!!!!! (Matt M.)

Matt,

First of all, sorry to hear about the passing of your friend.

Before we call for somebody to be kicked off the board let's take a moment to look at a few facts regarding this person.

1) This person posts a lot of questions. (This is not a problem as everyone is encouraged to do so.)

2) When this person receives a reply to their question they seem to have some kind of defense mechanism kick in as they argure with any advice given.

3) This person seems to have developed a personal dislike for people that have told them the facts without the sugar coating. This is also OK until they carry this dislike over to their conduct in posting messages which must have happened or I wouldn't have this information.

OK, after these facts which are from my personal observations over the past week or so I can agree that this person should be invited to either grow up or take a leave of absence from the board until such time as they decide they can live with the advice given. This does not mean that they have to agree with it but people reply to questions using their knowlege and experience and out of the desire to help people to care for their finned friends. Even if the advice is not what you wanted to hear or conflicts with what you have heard elsewhere it should be considered in the equation before making a "personal" decision on how to act in your fishes best interest. That's right no matter what the advice given it is still each person's right and responsibility to make their own decision and act in a manner that they consider to be in the best interest of their fish. This does not and cannot excuse anybody who asks for advice only to openly argue with the person providing the advice and doing other things to try and discredit that person in anyway. Nobody should be posting in a manner that would be considered hostile or unfriendly.

Anyway before this gets any longer I guess the short of it is that I do agree that Flame's comment was certainly uncalled for and if this is the type of behavior we can expect from members of this board than we don't have much to look forward to.

Messages In This Thread