Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

I'm back into loaches again!!!

Posted By: Jay H <jayhui@webspan.net>
Date: Tuesday, 18 January 2000, at 4:03 p.m.

To those of you whove been on this forum a long time, I had 2 clown loaches before in my community tank who were pretty healthy and eating and being the wonderful clowns that we all read about. Until one day I added a new clown who started to fight with one of the older clowns (probably the alpha male type fighting) and all three developed ick and I thought I cured it until it hit harder than before and I lost them. Made me quite POed at myself and I was loachless for about a year while I pondered trying again. In the meantime, I got 4 kuhlis loaches in another small 10g tank with a betta and some apple snails but I was hesitent to get some more clowns. Well I bit the bullet again and got 3 small 1.25" clowns. I learned my lesson, try to buy all the clowns at once or at least if you add them, add ones that are s