Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Clown Loach ICK: What I did

Posted By: Au <ahho@csupomona.edu>
Date: Tuesday, 18 January 2000, at 10:08 p.m.

Well, after reading many of the well thought out and informed posts, I decided to go this route to treat my clowns. I bought a bottle of Mardel Coppersafe, and added half the recommended dose, with intention to add the other half tomorrow night. I also bought some Doc Wellfish Aquarium Salt and put 4 tablespoons of it in to my 30 gallon tank. I wasnt sure If the salt needed to be dissolved or not, so I just stirred the salt up in a little cup of water and dumped the salt in rock form into the tank, I hope this is ok. And I increased the temperature to around 88 degrees, and the fish and plants all seem to be doing ok. The clowns are actually swimming quite prominently right now as I tpye this post. Please if you guys/girls have any suggestions please let me know, I would really love to read the input. Oh and one more thing, how do I get rid of the salt? Or does it stay in the tank forever? When I do water changes, does the salt still stay or should I add more salt when I do water changes?

Messages In This Thread