Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Re: Elaboration....

Posted By: Celia <lifechoices@email.com>
Date: Wednesday, 19 January 2000, at 1:04 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Elaboration.... (Nick)

Actually, we have only recently started breeding bettas. We have our first batch and they look like their blue with red parents. I keep removing the females when they start looking shredded and before other fry have been produced. Am I "jumping the gun" (unfortunate choice of words) when I do this? Is there a way to prevent the males from doing this? Do I own three jerks or do they all do this as a matter of course? I love my interactive bettas. One of my males was probably too young. He would race around the female (in her little glass inclosure)once hastily, then zoom back to his proposed nest site and make 2 bubbles, then race back. I decided he must be teenage. Due to these behaviors I named him Bullwinkle. We also have 5 oscars,2 plecos,6 corys and 2 chinese algae eaters in a 120 gallon tank, the 2 female bettas, 3 males(all in own tanks), Two mundane sword tails, 123 sword tail and guppy fry in a 27 gal tank and a 20 gal tank, and 5 dwarf african frogs in a 10. I don't know how we got so many. We began with oscars and a cat fish. I recently bought 2 loachs and know little about them. Walmart is perhaps not the best scource of info (I mean, look at their tanks!) so I decided to look it up on the internet with you guys. Sorry about my humor, I try to suppress it around innocent by-standers but at times it just oozes out. The real problem is that I really enjoy it. I wander about making bad puns and plays on words, never really expecting anyone to "get it". I try never to allow good taste to interfere. I only draw the line at hurting other's feelings. Boy! This was long! Sorry... Celia

Messages In This Thread