Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Hey BB, The Holy Grail has landed!!!!!!! :)

Posted By: Martin Thoene <martin.thoene@lakenheath.af.mil>
Date: Sunday, 23 January 2000, at 3:41 p.m.

Finally, finally, finally I have found Homaloptera orthogoniata!!!!

The A-mazing Wholesale Tropicals in London (you should never, ever go to London without a visit)had them in stock as well as several other interesting Loach sp.

I saw 9 and was prepared to take the lot at 4 pounds each, but on discovering 3 more (2 inside the internal bubble-up filter) I said that, yes, I would take the lot if they could cut me a deal. The deal was 3.50 each, so you can guess my answer!:)

So now my River-tank has the inhabitants that it was always intended for and I'm a happy, happy bunny!>:)

Also whilst in London (my reason for being there) was to meet my good friend Lydia, from Stockholm, Sweden. Long time LOLers will remember her postings way back when. She's the 4th person from LOL now that it's been my pleasure to actually meet and just confirms yet again just what nice, wonderful people Loach keepers are.

What more perfect good day could there be than finding fish you've been after for years and meeting a good fishkeeping friend for the first time?

:) Martin :)

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.