Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Weather report - brought to you by the clowns

Posted By: Anthony
Date: Wednesday, 26 January 2000, at 11:45 a.m.

I know that many loaches can detect barometric changes to a large degree. Is this true for clown loaches as well?

My reason for asking is that my clowns seem to be way more active (swimming in formation, doing the glass dance, small bursts of speed e.t.c) when the weather is changing. This I've noticed because lately we have had some large swings in the temperature, as well as snowstorms coming through too. They are usually active, and swim around looking for food, rooting e.t.c., but every once in a while they get very energetic (my cories too). This usually coincides with a large change in temperature, or precipitation. Is this a weather thing, or am I just waaaaay to into my clowns?

Messages In This Thread