Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

How Many Loaches In A Tank

Posted By: Michelle Pinegar <michelle.pinegar@yellowcorp.com>
Date: Wednesday, 26 January 2000, at 3:29 p.m.

While I was looking for an answer to my previous medication question, I thought of something else. I am feeling very guilty. I overcrowded my tank I think and think perhaps this is why one of my Tetras has dropsy. Can someone out there who has kept Clown Loaches for a while advise me?

I have a 30 gal. tank with 3 Clowns (they are between 2 in & 3 inches) 2 Cory Cats and 6 Head & Tail Light Tetras. Actually I bought the Corys and the Tetras to make the Loaches feel more comfortable, like it was safe to come out cause there weren't any predators hanging around. I know the Clowns will get fairly large. Even if I get rid of all the other fish, will the 30 gallon be too small for 3 Clowns or will it be OK to keep the same mix I have now. HELP ADVICE PLEASE!

Messages In This Thread