Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Yoyos behaving like kuhlis

Posted By: Fran <WeSpy6466@aol.com>
Date: Thursday, 27 January 2000, at 9:22 p.m.

Right now, I'm watching a debate going on between two of the yoyos. One of them is SO greyed out that it looks almost white! Wow!

Anyway, these guys get themselves in the smallest crevices, and I found two of them underneath a tank ornament. They must've dug through the gravel. I'm just afraid they're not going to find their way out. In fact, in my bigger tank, I just lost an oto due to that. I take a head count daily, and I couldn't find one. That wasn't that unusual for they are sometimes in places they're not readily seen. But the day went on and I saw no sign of it. So I moved the big tank ornament and sure enough the poor thing was (dead) there. It wasn't sick or anything. I'm afraid this is going to happen to the yoyos. I pushed the gravel against the bottom of the tank ornament and packed it in. I hope that keeps them out. There are two other GOOD hiding places in the tank, not to mention the plastic plant bottoms that they hide under too.

Fran

Messages In This Thread