Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Clown Loach growth rates?!?

Posted By: Au <ahho@csupomona.edu>
Date: Wednesday, 2 February 2000, at 2:37 a.m.

Hey everyone, I have a 30 gallon tank. 30 x 19 x 12 with 6 clown loaches in it, they are about an inch each. I heard they grow slowly so I thought they would be ok in the tank for a year or two. Will they grow fast? Everywhere I have read says they grow extremely slow, and I feed them a bunch nowadays. I feed them hikari frozen blood worms, brine shrimp, flakes and spirulina flakes, ocean plankton, tetra tabi min tablets, hikari algae wafers and I just ordered some sweet water zoo plankton that has a 60 % dry weight protein to the food and looks extremely palatable for the fish, its in a nice wet form so I'm thinking the clowns will go nuts for this stuff. Sweet water zoo plankton costs 8 bucks a bottle, so I hope the clowns like it. So my question really is if I feed them twice a da