Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

ich treatment

Posted By: Daphne <Pcheesewhiz@aol.com>
Date: Wednesday, 2 February 2000, at 10:36 p.m.

A while ago, my mother and I both bought clown loaches from the same store-- same tank. Ours both broke out with ich last week. ( On the exact same day! ) Unfortunately, hers got real bad real fast, and they both passed away. My tank is much warmer, which is why I believe the ich didn't spread like wildfire. I am treating the tank with Rid Ich +, which claims to be safe for loaches and other scaleless fish. I'm not seeing improvement yet. I am only doing half-doses at the normal intervals (24 hours). Should I do more frequent doses? Also, in accordance with the instructions, I'm doing 25% water changes before each treatment. Isn't that going to destroy my biological filter? I'm very worried about my loaches. Can anyone offer advice? I know this subject is talked about alot, but I've never had such a stubborn case. Tha