Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Harikari Product Recall.

Posted By: Martin Thoene <martin.thoene@lakenheath.af.mil>
Date: Friday, 4 February 2000, at 3:32 a.m.

The Harikari Company alert all purchasers of their FROZEN BLOOODWORM product that a recently produced batch has been identified as being contaminated by a haluconogenic chemical. This can be absorbed very quickly through the skin and is thought to be responsible for recent unusual behaviour amongst fishkeepers feeding the product to their fish.

SYMPTOMS:

Believing that you are a Loach and attempting to empathise with them.

Dancing like a Loach in front of the tank when your Loaches are dancing.

Wiggling across the floor as a means of approaching the tank.

Finding rare species in a shop and buying the entire stock just because they were there.

Believing that a vortex action in a circular tank would help Bettas breed.

Playing with food and attempting to make yourself look like a Loach with available food items.

Considering dressing as a Loach in order not to frighten the fish.

Various other behavioral anomolies.

PRODUCT I.D.

HARIKARI FROZEN BLOODWORM......Batch #'s BW-B4UBI-12-99 and BW-B4UBI-01-00

ACTION:

Immedeate cessation of feeding product from these batches. Loaches do not need behavioural altering foodstuffs.

Return any unused product to point of purchase. Dealer will replace with safety tested new product at HARIKARI's expense.

Wear a black and yellow striped suit with red gloves and shoes, click instead of talking, lay on your side in the middle of the lounge...............I think I've got some of that stuff in my fridge.............I better go check the batch #......................................

Martin.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.