Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

Odd LFS owner behavior

Posted By: Noki
Date: Saturday, 5 February 2000, at 5:56 a.m.

Ruy Lopez described in his recent posts about his trouble trying to get the loaches he wanted from his LFS.

Maybe I'm not one to talk, but independent fish or pet store owners are a rather odd lot, at least in my experience, along with used bookstore owners.

I've dealt with surliness (they could not care less about the fish that you want, and have no desire to care, but still want to sell you something, whether or not it is what you are looking for), and outright laziness. I've had a owner be too lazy to catch one type of fish and try to sell me something else which was easier to catch. To top it off, when I was buying a complete 55gallon set up the owner got mad that I actually wanted the correct size hood, because he would have to climb up a ladder to get it! Hey, Mr Owner, I'm sorry if I do not want to buy that sick fish or that I expect a correct size hood when I'm spending over $200 in your store!

Though, maybe it is not a good thing that independent stores are disappearing in the US. Hopefully it is better in England, though I have just remembered the Monty Python Cleese and Palin pet store sketches!

Messages In This Thread