Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (2)

On a serious note ...regarding stress and Botia

Posted By: BB <nettech@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Monday, 7 February 2000, at 12:42 p.m.

Each of us has a mental list of things to avoid when it comes to the wellbeing of our botia. Despite if you agree with the reasoning that stress leads to disease or not I thought it might be nice if everyone shared what she or he considers stress or proper conditions. What I was thinking was a top ten (or however long or short you like) if you will. The things you consider most important to the wellbeing of botia listed from most important to least. If there are values associated with the listed item then those should be included for clarification. I am after what you actualy consider in you tank(s) and the importance you give it and its value if it applies. Not what you read or would like but what you actualy do. If you post first and then open everyones afterwards I think it might be most intresting. This way nobody influences your decisions. Yes, everything belongs on line 1 ....they are all important. Force yourself to give them priority. Could prove intresting.

For example; 1)ammonia (less then .5ppm) 2)temp (80f) 3)number of specimens (5 or more)

No it is not my list, just an example;P That would be cheating.

BB

Messages In This Thread